The Spirit Shop

Monday, November 2, 2009

Food Poisoning, Getting Sick, James Van Praagh, Body Mind Spirit Expo & More

I have been meaning to blog for weeks now and just have not found the time or energy to do so. I have so much to blog about that I could have you reading for over an hour. So I decided that I'm going to do two separate posts. This post followed by a post about my event at the Temperance House in Newtown and the conversation I had with a few ghosts that roam the historic building. Along with being a bit busy with events and things I had a few battles with being sick over the past three weeks.

This all started three Sundays ago. The day was flowing pretty well as I woke from bed, took care of the dogs, had coffee, showered and prepared myself for a private gallery with prayer and meditation before heading out. On my way to the private gallery I felt hungry and knew it would be late before I would eat again, so I decided to make a quick stop at Burger King. I ordered a classic chicken sandwich with cheese and nothing else, I already had a drink with me and was not in the mood for fries. Although fries are sounding pretty good right about now, lol.

I received my food and drove away and onto the turnpike to my destination. I began to eat the sandwich on my way and it seemed to taste just fine to me. I got about half way through and the mayonnaise was kind of oozing out a bit. I looked at it and thought to myself "Wonder how long they leave the mayo out for and if they keep it cold and fresh?" It was really weird for me to even think of such a thing. So then I decided to myself "I think maybe I shouldn't eat the rest of this." Then I threw the other half of the sandwich away.

After getting to my destination I began to gather everyone together for the gallery and got started right away. The messages came through very strong and everything flowed just as it needed to and just as it usually does. After several hours of talking and bringing through messages it was time for me to begin my hour drive back home. I felt drained which is completely normal after communicating with spirits for several hours. But I started to feel a little pain right around waist level. Honestly it felt like constipation pains. When I got home the pain had become a bit stronger and I tried what I could and had no success. Bob prepared dinner with our friend Tracy and we sat down and ate together.

Dinner was great, but the pain worsened. I went into the bathroom to try when I began to become severely ill. It began to hit me like a ton of bricks. The pain was now in my stomach and abdomen. I began to get extremely cold, shaking and covered in sweat at the same time. Then came the part that literally scared the hell out of me. I began to get this really odd tingling all down my arms and my hands felt were vibrating like something I never experienced, but they were not shaking even though they felt like they were shaking uncontrollably. Then I was vomiting and everything else that goes along with it. I was banging on the wall trying to get Bobs attention. I felt as if something was majorly wring with me and thought he was going to have to call an ambulance. I think this had to be one of the scariest health things I had experienced.

There is no doubt in y mind that this was food poisoning and my doctor agreed. I just think to myself "What if I would have eaten the entire sandwich?" Thank God for being a psychic. I just wish that psychic in me would have told me not to eat the sandwich a little earlier. Like I said it seemed to taste OK. I was laying in the bathroom for a good hour before retiring to the couch to recover for the evening. The next day I just felt a little run down and that lasted till about Tuesday. It was about an hour of hell.

The following weekend was a busy and exciting weekend at the same time. It was the annual Mind Body Spirit Expo at the Valley Forge Convention Center in King Of Prussia Pennsylvania. Friday was an exciting day for me. Bob and I headed out to Philadelphia to the CBS studios for my appearance on the new CBS show "Talk Philly" with Pat Ciarrocchi & Ukee Washington. This would be my first time doing actual live television. All the past shows I have done were pre-filmed. So I was slightly nervous, but not too bad. Pat Ciarrocchi came into the green room to talk to Bob and I before giving us a little tour of the news room and the set for Talk Philly. She is such a nice person with really good energy. We were introduced to one of the weather girls Maria LaRosa, who is pregnant. Of course they asked me what I thought she was having and I got boy, boy, girl. I asked her how many kids she had and she said two boys giving them my answer that she would have a little girl.

The news room look so different in person and you would never picture that it would look like it does. It was a very cool experience. The interview went well to with the exception that I did not seem to know what camera to look at and the interview was pretty short. I will upload it some time this week. After the interview I spent more time with Pat and gave her a reading which went amazingly well. I only met Ukee Washington for the few minutes that we spent in the studio doing the interview. He did not come into the green room to meet me at all. So no pictures of us together. Honestly, I think I scared him. You can clearly see it during the interview when you watch his eyes. Its rather funny. After our day at CBS studio in Philly we headed to grab lunch and then home bound. Friday night I had a private home gallery.

Saturday came along and I had the early part of the day to do what I wanted to do. So I spent that time doing a super clean in the house. I'm a but of a neat freak and like to have a clean home. I believe it is also healthy for us and brings good energy into the home. I was very much looking forward to coming back to the expo again this year for the second year. It was because of Ann from the expo that I got to be a part of Talk Philly, Thanks Ann. By about 3:30 or 4 we loaded up the car with my things, including fresh flowers as a dedication and honor to the spirits that are present and that come through during the event. Bob, his Mom Pam and I headed to the expo and arrived only to find out that everything fell behind and was running late. This put my event back about 30 minutes or so. Beings I was the last speaker in that room I decided to add more time to the event because people had to wait and the event was scheduled for two hours. I prefer at least two and a half to three hour events.

The event went amazingly well with some really mind blowing messages. I had an interesting experience when someone in the audience asked me what her connection was with the friend that accompanied her at the event. I went into their past lives and how they were connected from a previous life. Then I was hit hard with a flash back into one of my past lives. It was so crazy. It just so happened that I also had a connection with the same one she was questioning her connection with. We had met before and she had taught me many things in a previous life. It is not often that you randomly run into someone that you have known from many lifetimes ago. We had an immediate connection and knew each other right away. The woman, Oji, had an amazing energy and comforting motherly energy. I know we will be seeing each other again. It was a wild experience for the both of us.

By nights end I was drained possibly more then any event had ever drained me. Bob and I had plans to take his mother out to dinner after the event and I was just too drained to sit in a restaurant. We headed home and ordered out. By about nine I could feel a choppy feeling in the back of my throat. I knew I was getting a cold or something. So I began to take echinacea and goldenseal to build up my immune system. By Sunday morning I was really starting to feel it. We had to get up early Sunday to head back to the expo. I had an on camera interview with a new television show coming out called "Mom's On The Go". The interview went really well and was a lot of fun at the same time. Then we shopped around the expo a bit before going in to see the event with James Van Praagh. It was so nice that James mentioned that I was in the audience. Made me feel a bit special.

James guided everyone through a mediation and during the mediation Bob;s dad came to me. I asked spirit to please allow him to come through to James. I thought that would be really special for Bob and his Mom. I was not at all expecting anything for myself and never do when seeing another medium. This is what I do every day and I often receive messages from my mother, niece Rhiannon and other deceased loved ones. Yes, it would be nice to hear something from another medium, but at the same time I really don't need it. If my niece Rhiannon were to come through, I would want my sister Tammie to be there for the experience beings it is her daughter. At one point during the event James started to talk about a girl by the name of Jessica coming through to him. Bob's mom immediately raised her hand. I thought to myself, "Who the heck is Jessica?" Then I told her to stand up. James jumped right off of Jessica and went into something else.

Moments later he went back to Jessica and Bob's mom stood up along with another woman in the audience of a few hundred people. I still had no idea who Jessica was. I wanted so badly for Bob and his mom to receive a message. I did a reading for Bob and his family when we first met. Now that we have known each other for more then four years I won't do another reading for them, I know them too well, or do I? Beings I could not figure out who Jessica was at first, then it hit me when James went to Bob and his mom with more details. Jessica was Bob's cousin who died when she was I think about three years old. Beings we were in the back of the room, James had no idea that I was sitting there and that he was talking to Bob. We both know James very well, been to dinner and even been to his home in California. At one point James mentioned the name John and no one could think right away. I'm used to that when I do readings. People can not always process the information as quickly as it comes through. I stood up and said "My middle name is John." James did not know it was me because I was so far in the back. It was kind of funny. Then it hit us, after Bobs grandfather died a very long time ago his grandmother remarried. He never knew his fathers dad. His grandmother remarried and his grandfathers last name is John.

Not only was it Jessica coming through, it was also Bob's father and his mothers father coming through. I felt overwhelmed for them and wanted to just cry for them. I thought it was a wonderful thing for them to receive a message from another medium, especially one as wonderful as James. Bob's dad congratulated him on all his accomplishments since his father passed and so much more. Both Bob and his mother really needed to hear that. Bob's aunt really needed to hear another message from her daughter. At one pint James said"Jessica says that she has been to another medium (meaning me) in the past and she just did not get it." That was so true. His Aunt Michelle really needed to hear it again and from another medium beside myself. What a great experience that was. After the event I brought Bob's mom up to meet James for her first time. We hung out with James a short bit before heading out. I knew James was exhausted from returning from his tour in Europe. It was nice to see and talk to him again.

That evening my illness kicked into drive. By this point I felt like a truck ran me over. Come Monday I could not get off the couch. With so much to do I had a hard time trying to relax and regain my energy. Luckily for me, I already had an appointment scheduled for the doctor on Tuesday. That is when I found out I had a sinus infection. That was the first time I had a sinus infection in my life. I was given an antibiotic and sent on my way. The antibiotic did not seem to agree with me. Several times during the week I randomly got nauseous and last my lunch. Then came yesterday when I began to get really sick again. This time it was during a reading where I began to feel what someones deceased mother felt before she passed away. I actually had to get up in the middle of their reading to run to the bathroom. Believe it or not, it did not have an effect on the messages they were receiving. But boy did it have an effect on me. On my drive home I had to pull over twice because I could not hold anything down. For the entire evening I could not even hold down a small sip of water. It was so bad that I actually pulled a mussel in my mid back right around the area of my lung. I called the doctor and was told to stop taking the antibiotic. Today I'm feeling back to normal once again, thank god. I have a bunch more to share with you, but will save that for another blog post. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and for allowing me to share my gift and experiences with you all.
With Love & Light
Joseph

No comments: